- 1 large egg.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- 1 to 2 tablespoon of water.
- Beat egg slightly.
- Add sugar and beat until very thick and smooth.
- Add oil to mixture.
- Add water and a little of the egg mixture to the cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Heat griddle to about 30F.
- Drop a heaping teaspoonful of batter into the griddle.
- Then spread with a spoon into a cookie about 3 inches in diameter.
- Turn over to brown underside.
- Cook until cookies are light golden in colour and lifts easily from the pan.
- Remove cookies one at a time from the griddle.
- Place a fortune paper in the centre of the cookie and fold the cookie in half, pinching the edges together and folding down.
San Francisco Recipes
Click on the recipe you want to see: