A large number of people consider Yoga in San Francisco as the principal of all American yoga societies. San Francisco was one of the first American cities where people adopted a Yoga lifestyle
. Currently, San Francisco has many yoga studios throughout the city.
Many people think yoga is a great way to get a good workout, but over time, they discover that spirit of yoga have suffused their lives. Yoga doesn’t just mean that you are able to perform strange and difficult postures or poses. Yoga
is an ancient spiritual practice whose main objective is to improve all aspects of your being and you lives to get a balance between your soul, mind and body.
All yoga types are to improve your health and lifestyle. You must pay attention if you want to lose weight with yoga practice. It is important take care of your daily calorie needs, especially in your diet. Some tools like this BMR calculator
can help you to lose weight.
Yoga lifestyle is to get a balance between cleaning the mirror and spreading the light. People consider the mirror is the body and mind, so they must be pure and clean to reflect the light. Yoga lifestyle is to keep your body healthy, and purify the mind.
Many yogis believe that Patanjali is the divine incarnation of the serpent Anantha who is the supporter of the whole universe. According to Patanjali, there are obstacles that avoid the proper yoga practice, and he divides them into two groups:
Antarayas – Intruders in the path of yoga
This group of obstacles contains intruders in the path of yoga; the following are the nine obstacles:
- Vyadhi: It is the first Antaraya obstacle and means physical disease.
- Styana: It is referred to mental laziness.
- Samsaya: This obstacle means doubt.
- Pramada: negligence
- Alasya: It is referred to physical laziness. This obstacle attracts illness such as poverty.
- Avirati: This obstacle is referred to detachment.
- Bhrantidarsana: It means false perception, and leads to self-conceit.
- Alabdha-bhumikatva: This obstacle means non-attainment of yogic states.
- Anavasthitatva: It means that one must fall away from yogic states attained.
Viksepasahabhuvah – Co-existing with mental distractions
This group of obstacles is referred to co-existing with mental distractions; the following are the four obstacles:
- Dukha: It means suffering and sorrow that inflicts the human mind.
- Daurmanasya: This obstacle is referred to unfulfilled ambition and desires causing disappointment.
- Angamejayatva: This obstacle means restlessness of the limbs.
- Svasa y prasvasa: this obstacle is referred to exhalation and inhalation. It can cause distractions in the practices of Pranayama.
Patajanli says that meditation is important to control the vrittis or mental modifications.
There are five types of vrittis:
- Viparayaya: It is referred to false cognition.
- Pramana. It is referred to true cognition.
- Nidra: It is referred to deep sleep.
- Vikalpa: It is referred to verbal cognition.
- Smriti: It is referred to memory.
Patajanli also says that there are eight aspects of a Yoga Lifestyle, and he called Eight Limbs of Yoga:
- Yama - restrict
- Niyama - culture
- Asana - posture
- Pranayama - control of psychic prana
- Pratyahara - withdrawal of senses
- Dharana - fixed attention
- Dryana - meditation
- Samadhi - perfect concentration
There are many form to start with yoga, you can find some yoga videos
, spas, gyms
, or a teacher to be your guide.